Thursday, December 20, 2007

My goals today are to do some arts and crafts...

When I was in rehab, I was told I needed a hobby and should try "arts & crafts". Mary Kate took up crocheting, Lindsay likes to knit (I swear to God, rehab is responsible for the Stitch & Bitch yarn renaissance), and I made many tacky bracelets.


There weren't many beads I didn't use, but I did avoid the beads with words engraved on them, like "HOPE" and "DREAM". My very first bracelet was a direct response:

My sister told me she wanted a "DESTROY" bracelet of her own, so I decided to make her an improved version for Christmas. I was super excited to find these little copper skulls at the bead store... I was searching for something like grenades or machine guns, but I think the skulls are understated and classy.




Then I made one for my mom- She's been through a lot this fall and quite a bit of it is because of me, so here's what I did for hers:

Here's the kicker, though: The charm is an outhouse. Seriously! Inside is a little bare-assed dude reading a periodical!




Take that, Mary Kate.

No comments: