Sunday, September 14, 2008

Jacket Makeover, part 2: Attack of the Bedazzler!

Front-side embellishment... Rev. Al had only a few guidelines for the design and one of them was that crosses had to be incorporated somewhere. He is, after all, a man of God.
Back design after lettering and rhinestones were added. I didn't feel the need to use a lot of rhinestones for the back of the jacket, as it's pretty complicated already.

Details.

For the front, I be-gemmed the lapels and crosses. Here I used less restraint. Given that the front design is simpler than the back, I didn't want it to seem like an afterthought. I'm kind of excited about the end result. I've never really done anything like this before, so it was a scary experience. Y'know, new and untested frontiers an' all. I think maybe I will take Lauren's suggestion and decorate a pair of skates next!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE the lapels.

Alison Blackwell said...

: )

Eloise said...

That is quite simply hawt.

PS: I'm going to try my damnedest to go to your match.

Linda S. Wingerter said...

WOW!!!